Friday, March 28, 2014

What I'm Feeling Friday!

It's been a productive week for me. I applied to a few jobs, spent some quality time with my parents, and wrote a few posts. I also bought a web design book that will help me in the coming weeks with totally revamping my blog. I miss David, but he is killing it in school right now, taking six online classes, and getting A's and B's in all of them. Couldn't be prouder!

Without further ado... here is What I'm Feeling on this Friday:

Phillip Phillips "Gone, Gone, Gone"

I'm totally late to the Phillip Phillips' party, but I absolutely love him. His voice is so distinct and his lyrics are amazing. "Home" was used in the Indiana Pacers' promo video when I worked for them, so it brings back great memories for me. "Gone, Gone, Gone" is the perfect upbeat love song to listen to when you are far away from the person you love. The best thing about the song is the beat, it's not a typical love song or ballad. It makes you want to sing and dance! I think I've listened to this song about 100 times this week.

You're my backbone
You're my cornerstone
You're my crutch when my legs stop moving
You're my head start
You're my rugged heart
You're the pulse that I've always needed


Anchors

Apparently anchors are in this season... and I love it. Mom and I did a little shopping last night after work and Old Navy had a wonderful nautical theme. I bought two sweaters a few weeks back, and yesterday bought a shirt with anchors on it. I wanted to buy scarves and boat shoes and dresses with anchors on them... but I held back. Slowly, I will fill my wardrobe with wonderful nautical themed clothing.




The Bracket of Discontent from Sarah Spain

With March Madness comes a plethora of brackets... many of them not for basketball. One of my favorite sports personalities, Sarah Spain, an anchor and columnist for ESPNChicago and espnW, created the Bracket of Discontent. From "He went to Jared" ads to Candy Crush invitations, Sarah hilariously includes everything we find truly awful.


Juneau
I don't think I talk about my dog enough. I am seriously in love with him. He has the best personality in the world. Juneau has been on every road trip Dave and I have embarked upon the past few years. He travels so well and has probably been in more states than most people. Juneau also likes to annoy his grandparents, sneaking out of my bedroom every night, like clockwork, and making his way onto Grandpa's feet. It's hilarious.


No comments:

Post a Comment