Monday, December 30, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

Perhaps my resolutions are predictable, but for the first time in a long time, I'm heading into a new year feeling positive about the future.

1. Keep up with my blog.

I constantly go through days thinking of potential blog topics, but rarely open up a new page and write. This year I want to chronicle everything: from the most exciting to the extremely dull. I love looking back at my old blog posts and seeing how much things have or have not changed. I need to do it more. So many things happened in 2013: I worked for an NBA team, I graduated with a master's degree, I got my first job in journalism, my sister got married, etc. Looking back, I'm sad I didn't keep track of it all. I also want to keep track of my lifestyle, which leads me to number 2.

2. Lose some lbs.

There was a time that I was a collegiate athlete who watched every single calorie I put in my mouth and ran miles every day. Between graduating from college and life getting in the way, I've slowly faded away from this healthy lifestyle. I was once a freak about working out, even enjoyed it. Now a mile jog tires me out. My health needs an overhaul. This year I want to get back to my college size. I want to try things like paleo eating and crossfit. I want to get competitive again. I want to run a marathon.

3. Run a marathon.

I've been doing some research on marathons around the country. I have always worked best when working towards a goal. If anyone wants to join me in training, let me know! I would love to have a workout buddy, whether near or far. I plan on joining a gym and getting my butt in gear as soon as the clock strikes midnight in 2014. If Oprah can run a marathon, so can I.

4. Take a vacation.

What I'm hoping for is to plan a vacation around my marathon. I want to run somewhere like the Redwood Forest or in the deserts of Arizona. I haven't been on a vacation since graduating from Geneseo in 2010. I've moved around so much, and even lived in a vacation destination, but my time away from work and/or school has been spent in Rochester, NY. Don't get me wrong, I love going home, but I want to see more of this country. I want warm weather, wine, and to make more memories.

5. Start a retirement account.

I guess this resolution is the one that stands by itself. But it's probably my biggest goal. I have been very fortunate to be able to travel and move around as much as I have, but it came with a cost. Moving ain't cheap. This year I want to start acting like an adult and saving for my future.

Looking forward to a exciting and successful 2014! Happy New Years to all!


No comments:

Post a Comment