Saturday, March 26, 2011

Lazy Saturday... for realz?

I NEVER get one of these days. Dave is at the gym all afternoon and I have nothing to do or worry about until work tonight at 5pm.

Is it bad that I honestly don't know what to do with myself? Is it okay that I'm dreading staying at home in bed for 4 hours and do nothing? What have I become? Is this adulthood?

As I lay here and think about my options I get overwhelmed. There are many things I should do, but only one thing I want to do. Write... and eventually sleep.

Saturday's are the best because there is dreading the tomorrow because we have to work, and it's better than Friday because we don't have to work all day. Although, these days, Saturday's are just another day because work never stops for this girl.

Thinking ahead and thinking back, Saturdays have always been that day of the week where you can sit back and reflect on the week that has just passed and the one that is about to come. All week you look ahead to Saturday, make plans, and plan on doing things that you should have done all week. But when Saturdays come, lazy is the only word that makes any sense.

Here's to my lazy Saturday... one in 52 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment